Saturday, September 11, 2010

Additional Assignment 1

a. What are the educational implications of searches such as Google Squared provides?

The educational implications of searches, such as Google Squared, provide us with charts, statistics, images, and descriptions. The great thing about this is that you can see them all at once. You can also put other information you wanted to know about in the “add columns” tab.

b. What are the educational implications of searches such as WolframAlpha provides?

The educational implications of searches, such as WolframAlpha, provide us with a lot of detailed statistics about one particular subject. It enables students to get a more in depth look, as opposed to a simple Google search.

c. Did you know about Google Squared before this assignment?

I did not know about Google Squared before this assignment.

d. Did you know about Wolfram Alpha before this assignment?

I did not know about Wolfram Alpha before this assignment

e. Reread your comments about Did You Know. Have my comments altered your thinking about anything you saw, heard, read, or reported for the Did You Know assignment? If not, say so. If so, describe how in as much detail as necessary.
Your comments reinforced how much information is out there and how important it is to use search engines like Google Squared and WolframAlpha to find out and analyze information. One thing that I did get out of your comments was to keep questioning statics in order to understand the context and their real meaning.

f. What did you learn from this exercise about how you react to and deal with "statistics"?

I leaned that statics can be used in different context and I have to be careful when I see them.

Pitcairn Islands map

Food For Thought:

I think it’s amazing how quick kids can use and understand new technology. My nephew, Wyatt, just turned five and he can beat me at video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment