Monday, September 20, 2010

Blog Post 5

In Judy Scharf Podcast Collection, it talked about what a podcast is and a time schedule so you can manage your time. She also included a link to a YouTube demonstration about how to use audacity to make your podcast. I feel that this site would be helpful to teachers who are going to use podcasts in their classroom. She gives detailed information about how to engage students in the process and a detailed time schedule. I can use a lot of this information in my own podcast. It will make me more organized so I can finish my podcast on time.

In Eagle Nest Radio and Class Blog, students in third grade did a podcast about Rome. This shows how to make an audio podcast. Each student from the class had their own “news report” about the Roman Empire. They included a picture as well as a cartoon character that looked like they were the ones actually talking. I thought this was very creative and enjoyed watching it. I’m sure all the students had a good time making and viewing their podcasts. It was great to see students so young being successful with technology. I learned that you can have a picture with your audio podcast which was pretty neat. They also had background music playing while they shared information about Ancient Rome.

In The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom, it talked about the many uses of this type of technology. In the video it showed how absent students can still keep up with their schoolwork. It also talked about how parents can get more involved. I thought this video was helpful to understand the many reasons why teachers should be using podcasts in the classrooms on a regular basis. It makes students more responsible for their own learning.

Blooms Taxonomy

2 comments:

  1. I also feel that Judy Scharf helped prepare me for doing my podcast. I believe that using a podcast in the classroom is great, and something that students would really love to engage in. That particular website was great for teachers to really understand how podcasts work. I did not choose the Eagle Nest Radio link last week, so I am glad I got to read your thoughts on it. I am sure that it was very interesting to watch. I agree how you said that it is always great to see children so young involved in all the technology advances. I feel that podcasting in the classroom, is GREAT! I really like how they stated that what if a child was sick? Then, that particular child will still be able to get the notes and lecture through the podcast. A podcast can make a student responsible for his or her own learning. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post Sarah!

    Podcasting is an awesome teaching tool. Using a vehicle like podcasting a good teacher can make the learning experience more of a "3D", experience for their students. As you said, "It was great to see students so young being successful with technology." Having many successes with technology at a young age will have a tremendous impact on students for the rest of their lives.

    Your blog looks great. Keep up the good work. SS

    ReplyDelete