Monday, October 4, 2010

Summary Post C4T Teacher #2

In the last couple of weeks I have been reading Becky Goerend’s blog posts. The first one I read was “The Red Group”. This post talks about dividing students into classes where her math students are grouped together according to ability. This is so they can be taught at the pace they deserve. She was struggling about how to address those students, who on the first day, guessed that they indeed were in the lowest group. How do we as teachers make students still feel confident even while being in a lower group?

I stated in my response that I am studying to become a secondary math teacher so this post was very interesting to me! I could relate to this topic. When I was in middle school, we had the same divided classes, and we too figured out who was in the “smarter” classes. They need to be taught at a different pace than the rest of the students in order to be successful in the class.

The second article I read was called, “Why Blog?” which was what her students asked her and how she responded. She provided a very thorough list of reasons students should blog.

My response to this article was that I thought her answer to your students’ question was very informative. I agree that writing and commenting on others’ blogs improves writing. I don’t think people want their writing to look bad on posts so they usually try to do their best. I also think getting feedback from peers is very helpful in the writing process. I also agree that blogging cuts down on the use of paper and is better for the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment