Monday, November 8, 2010

Post Form results from Project #6

Post Form results:

I just wanted to start off by saying that one person wrote back to me stating that on one of my questions (Question #9: Which of the following Jags sporting events have you attended?) I didn’t leave a choice of “none”. I’m sorry about this mistake. I had twenty-two people respond to my questionnaire about how students spend their time during the semester. I decided to do this because I am new to this school/state and I wanted to see what everyone else around here does.

There were four males (18%) and eighteen females (82%) who filled out the questionnaire. Seven students were under the age of twenty (32%), ten students were between the ages of twenty-one and twenty-five (45%), and five students were between the ages of twenty-six and thirty (23%). Out of these twenty-two students, six of them (27%) live on campus whereas the other sixteen (73%) do not. It takes most of the students less than fifteen minutes to arrive at the campus (twelve students (55%)). It takes five students (23%) between fifteen minutes and a half hour to get to the campus, two students (9%) between thirty minutes to forty-five minutes, one person (5%) from forty-five minutes to an hour, and it takes two students (9%) over an hour to get to the school. Nine students are taking four classes this semester, eight are taking six classes, four students are take five classes, and one student is taking two. I noticed that almost nobody goes to the library. Eighteen people said they never go to the library, three people go about once a week, and one student goes about three times per week. When the students were asked how well they were doing academically this semester on a scale of one to ten (one being not so well, and ten being very well), three people said five (14%), five people said they were doing about a seven (23%), the majority of the students thought they were doing around an eight (45%), two people thought about a nine (9%), and two people said they were doing very well and marked ten (9%). I thought it was really interesting that eleven students (50%) have gone to the new recreation center, and eleven students have not. When I asked if these students were planning to participate in intramural activities this semester two people said yes (9%), sixteen people said no (73%), and four people have not decided yet (18%). I asked everyone what Jags sporting events have they attended and the majority of students have attended the footballs games. The next sport that lots of people go to was a tie between baseball/softball and basketball. Then there was a four way tie between soccer, track, tennis, and volleyball. No one has attended a cross country meet or a golf match. Again, I am sorry for not listing a “none” to this question. I also wanted to see what everyone did in their spare time. I got a range of answers varying from spending time with their family and friends (which the majority of students do in their spare time), studying, going to work (which was the second biggest answer), playing video games, reading, watching television and movies, and I even got an answer that they don’t really have any spare time. I thought this was also interesting that no one had stated that they get on the internet.

I noticed that all of the male students in this class do not live on campus, and they all are taking four classes. This means that twelve females are taking more classes than the males, and five females are taking as many as the males. The males also live closer to the school than the females. At first, I thought it was interesting that eighteen people did not go to the library, but then I realized that sixteen people did not live on campus so it might be harder for them to go back and forth. The students that live closer to the campus tend to go to the library more (and they were all females). I would have guessed that the males would have been interested in playing in the intramural sport events, but none of them are planning to play. I thought it was weird because they live close to the school and I usually think of the males as wanting to play in sports and do different activities. I was not surprised that the majority of the students have attended the Jags football games. The football team is doing very well and they are still undefeated. I also noticed that the males are older than the females. Maybe this is why they don’t get out as much and participate in other activities. They might have families that they would rather be with!

No comments:

Post a Comment