Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Summary Post C4T Teacher #4

In the last couple of weeks, I have been following Andrea Hernandez. Andrea is a technology coordinator in Jacksonville, Florida. In her first post, “An Expert Opinion”, she talked about how frustrating it is that often times, in order to get articles published, one must have certain credentials. She argued successfully that it really sho0uld depend upon experience, research, and ideas regardless of where the person went to school.

I stated in my response that I totally agreed with what she said about outward appearance and creditability regarding where one might receive an education. Someone can receive just as good an education from a small, not well-known school as one with the name of Harvard, Yale, Princeton, etc. A person’s education becomes what they make of it. The best way to become educated about a subject is to really research a topic and not just read one article. Practical experience is really great to have.

The second post was called, “Planning + Collaboration = Success”. She talked about a project that she and a second grade classroom collaborated on. It was called “The Fire Safety Project”. She described how planning is an essential component when creating video projects with your students. The video was posted on her website along with the storyboard.

I stated in my response that I thought this was a great project to do with her students. It was a good example of what her blog talked about-when classroom teachers and technology educators have the time to collaborate, they can make things happen. I can’t believe these kids had all these wonderful ideas. I love that they all got to say “Stay safe, be cool. Don’t be a fool.” They should all be very proud of this video and making this on their own. I hope they win the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment