Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Summary Post C4T Teacher #3

In the last couple of weeks, I have been following Paige Baggett’s blog posts. Paige is an assistant professor in the College of Education, at the University of South Alabama. In her first post, “Mistakes”, she talked about how people get upset when they make mistakes. She tried to talk about how mistakes aren’t real mistakes, only surprises that can then be used as new opportunities. She then made the analogy between art and life and how “life is the art of drawing without an eraser.”

I stated in my response that I love drawing and art, as well as learning about life. I think sometimes we all wish we had an eraser at some point in our lives and could do something over, but then when I think about it, why would we want to do that? Look at us now. Every mistake we have made in life made us who we are today. We could keep erasing and erasing until everything is perfect, but nothing in life is perfect. I think I have turned out pretty good in life without using an eraser. Life is a learning process. I learn from my mistakes. I try to do the best I can at everything I do. I am happy with the decisions I have made in my life and I am proud of the person I have become.

The second post was a video called, “Why Art Matters”. It showed that art is loud, soft, time, space, science, revolution, wonder, evolution, work, play, language, inspiration, doubt, perspiration, extraordinary, mundane, math, creation, collaboration, color, ideas, feelings, design, dream, anticipation, global, local, expression, patriotic, quixotic, love, New York, you, me, everything, through images and picture that represent the words.

I stated in my response that the video was extremely well done. It showed how art intertwines through all of the disciplines. It ended with a quote by Einstein, “the true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination”. This quote reminds me of what I want to show my students, use their imagination, everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment